I hate TV talent shows, and I loathe country music. So I can’t believe that 17-year-old Scotty McCreery, a country crooner from North Carolina, was crowned Fox’s Season 10 American Idol tonight during the live two-hour season finale. Can you? Fox says it received a record-shattering total of over 122 million votes. McCreery beat finalist Lauren Alaina, whom judge Steve Tyler declared “The One” after her very first audition. To me, all the contestants on these singing shows sound like cats being strangled.
Country Crooner Wins 'Idol' (Say It Ain't So!)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Latest TV News
- StandUp NBC Sets Audition Cities For Diverse Comedians Search
- SAG-AFTRA Podcast Addresses “Wigging” And “Paint Downs” In Stunt Industry
- David Boreanaz Teases ‘Angel’ Reunion: “We May Have Something In The Works”
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Pooch Hall Escapes Jail With DUI & Child Endangerment Plea Deal
- Disney-Fox Deal: Per-Share Value Set, Bob Iger Hails “Historic Moment”
- ‘P-Valley’: Dan J. Johnson & Tyler Lepley Cast In Starz's Strip Club Drama Series