I hate TV talent shows, and I loathe country music. So I can’t believe that 17-year-old Scotty McCreery, a country crooner from North Carolina, was crowned Fox’s Season 10 American Idol tonight during the live two-hour season finale. Can you? Fox says it received a record-shattering total of over 122 million votes. McCreery beat finalist Lauren Alaina, whom judge Steve Tyler declared “The One” after her very first audition. To me, all the contestants on these singing shows sound like cats being strangled.
Country Crooner Wins 'Idol' (Say It Ain't So!)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
‘Amazing Grace’ Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
'The Show': Tom Burke Leads 'Watchmen' Creator Alan Moore's Gothic Fantasy; First Look, Protagonist Boards
Latest TV News
- Carol Burnett To Receive First Honorary Golden Globe TV Award Which Will Be Named After Her
- Acorn TV Goes Global; Launches In Thirty Countries Including Australia & India
- Chris O’Dowd & Anne-Marie Duff To Front Fremantle Scripted Podcast ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’
- Showtime Taps Deva Kehoe As SVP Talent Relations & Events
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Gets January Premiere Date On Netflix
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks President Craig Hunegs To Depart