What a day! CBS just joined the pickup frenzy with orders to its two hottest pilots on the drama and comedy side. The network is making calls to producers at the moment, and the first to get one was none other than J.J. Abrams, whose Person of Interest has been picked up to series. The crime drama written by Jonah Nolan and starring Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson had been building momentum, recently emerging as the frontrunner at the network on the drama side. Also picked up is the Michael Patrick King/Whitney Cummings comedy Two Broke Girls starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs. While Cummings will do her new NBC comedy series, which is in first position, King, whose NBC drama pilot A Mann’s World didn’t go forward, is expected to be full-time on the CBS comedy, probably co-running it with another comedy writer-producer.
UPDATE: CBS Picks Up 'Person Of Interest' & 'Two Broke Girls' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios