This is an update of my Tuesday story that the Rob Schneider comedy pilot is in serious contention for a midseason order. CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler confirmed this morning that she plans to pick up comedy series for midseason and will focus on that when she goes back to Los Angeles. While she wouldn’t elaborate which pilots are still in the running, I hear that the two that have a real shot are the untitled Rob Schneider and Peter Knight half-hours. The Rob Schneider/Lew Morton comedy is considered likely to go to series, while the Peter Knight still has a shot too.
CBS Comedy Update: Rob Schneider & Peter Knight In Contention, Schneider Likely To Go
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Prescribes Foxycontin For Donald Trump
- The Guardian Newspaper Eyes Long-Form Feature Doc Drive As Silicon Valley Story Becomes Latest Online Film
- ‘Fleabag’ & ‘Clique’ Broadcaster BBC Three Names Doc Producer Fiona Campbell As Controller
- Rebel Wilson To Star In Sonar Entertainment-Backed Australian Period Drama ‘Les Norton’
- ProSiebenSat.1's "Man In Hollywood" Rüdiger Böss Leaves German Broadcaster After 25 Years
- Korea’s CJ ENM Acquires Majority Stake In Swedish Distributor Eccho Rights