Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Film News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats