Being Elmo, the Sundance prize-winning documentary about the creator of the Sesame Street puppet and his behind-the-scenes beginnings on the iconic PBS children’s show, has landed multiple deals at the Cannes market, where it is being sold by Submarine Entertainment. The Constance Marks film, which will be released theatrically this year by Submarine to qualify for Oscar consideration, has been sold to New Video for DVD and digital rights (via its Docurama Films label) and ITVS & Independent Lens for the first TV window. Mongrel Media will release in Canada, and Madman Entertainment has sold to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
CANNES: Submarine Scores 'Being Elmo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Triple Frontier' Trailer: Ben Affleck & Company Take Down A South American Drug Lord In Netflix Feature
Latest Film News
- New York Film Critics Online: ‘Roma’ Named Best Picture, Alfonso Cuaron Takes Best Director
- ‘Triple Frontier’ Trailer: Ben Affleck & Company Take Down A South American Drug Lord In Netflix Feature
- L.A. Film Critics Association Awards: ‘Roma’ Wins Best Picture – Winners List
- ‘Aquaman’ Dives Into China With $94M; Best-Ever WB, DC & December Bow – International Box Office
- 'Mary Queen of Scots' Opens Regal; 'The Favourite' Expands Strong: Specialty Box Office
- IDA Documentary Awards: ‘Minding The Gap’ Takes Best Feature – Winners List