Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Spider-Verse' Raises $35M+ As 'The Mule' Kicks Up $17M+ In Pre-Christmas Period, But 'Mortal Engines' Breaks Down With $7M+
Latest Film News
- Phoenix Critics Circle Names ‘The Favourite’ As Best Picture
- ‘Aquaman’ Reels In $261M Overseas; ‘Spider-Verse’ Swings To $21M Bow – International Box Office
- 'If Beale Street Could Talk' Opens Solid as Others Bow Slowly; 'Mary Queen of Scots' Expands with Fine: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Raises $35M+ As ‘The Mule’ Kicks Up $17M+ In Pre-Christmas Period, But ‘Mortal Engines’ Breaks Down…
- Stephen Woolley & Elizabeth Karlsen To Receive BAFTA For Outstanding British Contribution To Cinema
- Academy Award Trophy For ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ Sells For Nearly $500K