Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sony Pictures, Davis Entertainment Win Auction For Action Pitch ‘Booker’
- Barbra Streisand Blasted For Michael Jackson Defense On ‘Leaving Neverland’ Allegations
- WGA & ATA To Meet Tuesday: Still No Compromise On Key Issues But Sides Have Had Some Meaningful Dialogue
- ‘Sin City’ Sequel Producers Sue The Weinstein Co. Over Alleged Distribution, Marketing Shorts
- Mark Hamill Makes Kid’s Light Year With Tweet About Boy’s BB-8 Bionic Arm
- Musicians Agree To Extend Film & TV Contract; No Deal On Streaming Residuals