EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has made its choice: Jamie Campbell Bower will get the male lead in The Mortal Instruments, the Scott Charles Stewart-directed adaptation of the Cassandra Clare novel series. He’ll play Jace Wayland, starring alongside Lily Collins, who’ll play the lead heroine Clary Fray. She has The Sight, and can see both demons and Shadowhunters. Jace is one of the best of the latter. When Clary’s mother is abducted, she is forced to learn about her bloodline and abilities in order to get her mother back. Clare’s series is comprised of six novels and is expected to launch a franchise. The role has been considered a potential star-making vehicle for an actor, and there has been much speculation on who’ll get it. I’m told the deal is being made now for Bower, who is best known for playing King Arthur in the TV series Camelot, and for playing Caius in the final installments of The Twilight Saga and Gellert Grindelwald in the final Harry Potter films. He’s repped by CAA and London-based Simon Beresford.
'Camelot's Jamie Campbell Bower Gets Lead in Screen Gems' 'The Mortal Instruments'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief