EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has made its choice: Jamie Campbell Bower will get the male lead in The Mortal Instruments, the Scott Charles Stewart-directed adaptation of the Cassandra Clare novel series. He’ll play Jace Wayland, starring alongside Lily Collins, who’ll play the lead heroine Clary Fray. She has The Sight, and can see both demons and Shadowhunters. Jace is one of the best of the latter. When Clary’s mother is abducted, she is forced to learn about her bloodline and abilities in order to get her mother back. Clare’s series is comprised of six novels and is expected to launch a franchise. The role has been considered a potential star-making vehicle for an actor, and there has been much speculation on who’ll get it. I’m told the deal is being made now for Bower, who is best known for playing King Arthur in the TV series Camelot, and for playing Caius in the final installments of The Twilight Saga and Gellert Grindelwald in the final Harry Potter films. He’s repped by CAA and London-based Simon Beresford.
'Camelot's Jamie Campbell Bower Gets Lead in Screen Gems' 'The Mortal Instruments'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest Film News
- ‘Spring Awakening: After Parkland’ Short Doc Bows From ‘Science Fair’ Filmmakers & First Look Media’s…
- ‘Welcome To Marwen’ Trailer: Steve Carell Weaponizes Art In Robert Zemeckis Pic
- CBS Battle With Shari Redstone Moves Forward; Judge Combos Suits, Declines Stay
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- George Clooney In Early Talks To Direct Fox Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Echo’
- Warner Bros Claims Spain Court Victory Following Piracy Dispute