EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed Stephen Gaghan, the Oscar-winning Traffic screenwriter who wrote and directed Syriana. Gaghan, who had been at WME, left right after his 20th TV pilot wasn’t picked up by NBC. He moves at a time when he seemed to have a lot going on. On the film front, he has the Warner Bros drama Dead Spy Running and will direct his script, and he has an untitled project at Lionsgate. He also recently signed a two-year deal at 20th Century Fox TV, where he turned in a pilot script to NBC for an untitled LA drama that was once called SILA. The pilot didn’t get picked up for fall and is being shopped to cable. WME commissions all those jobs.
CAA Signs Screenwriter Stephen Gaghan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
‘Amazing Grace’ Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
'The Show': Tom Burke Leads 'Watchmen' Creator Alan Moore's Gothic Fantasy; First Look, Protagonist Boards
Latest Film News
- ’47 Meters Down — Uncaged’: ‘Stargirl’ & ‘All Night’ Actress Brec Bassinger…
- Chris Messina Joins Warner Bros./DC’s ‘Birds Of Prey’ As Bad Guy Victor Zsasz
- ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon’: First Trailer For Aardman Family Pic
- Juliette Binoche To Serve As Berlin Film Festival International Jury President
- Netflix Sets ‘The Milk Of Sorrow’ Director Claudia Llosa For ‘Distancia De Rescate’; Mark Johnson, Pablo…
- Sundance London Sets 2019 Dates, Returns To Picturehouse Central