EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed Stephen Gaghan, the Oscar-winning Traffic screenwriter who wrote and directed Syriana. Gaghan, who had been at WME, left right after his 20th TV pilot wasn’t picked up by NBC. He moves at a time when he seemed to have a lot going on. On the film front, he has the Warner Bros drama Dead Spy Running and will direct his script, and he has an untitled project at Lionsgate. He also recently signed a two-year deal at 20th Century Fox TV, where he turned in a pilot script to NBC for an untitled LA drama that was once called SILA. The pilot didn’t get picked up for fall and is being shopped to cable. WME commissions all those jobs.
CAA Signs Screenwriter Stephen Gaghan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Latest Film News
- Gravitas Ventures Launches SVOD Service Gravitas Movies
- ‘General Hospital’ Star Bryan Craig Boards Indie Feature ‘Women Is Losers’
- SAG-AFTRA Podcast Addresses “Wigging” And “Paint Downs” In Stunt Industry
- Verve Boosts Indie Film Arm, Hires Producer Ross Putman As Agent
- Disney-Fox Deal: Per-Share Value Set, Bob Iger Hails “Historic Moment”
- New Regency & Michael B. Jordan's Outlier Society Team For Jordan Vogt-Roberts Creature Feature