PREVIOUS: Barring any last-minute miracle, it looks like this is the end of the road for ABC’s veteran family drama Brothers and Sisters. There had been a serious effort by ABC and producing studio ABC Studios to find a price point at which they could bring the show back for an abbreviated sixth and final season. There have been talks with star Calista Flockhart to return for six episodes next season. Last May, Brothers and Sisters clinched a last-minute 18-episode order that was subsequently expanded to 22 episodes. But the indications are, with so many drama pilots scoring high in testings and screenings this year, ABC is ready to say good-bye to the Walker clan.
UPDATE: 'Brothers & Sisters' Canceled, As Is 'V'
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Blackout Averted: Viacom Channels To Remain On AT&T Platforms After Two Companies Strike Carriage Deal
'Captain Marvel' Wings To $910M+ Global, Becomes #10 Superhero Pic Offshore & WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Viacom Stock Jumps After AT&T Carriage Deal
- Apple Streaming Service Is “Big Moment For Media Industry & UK Producers” Says Former Channel 4…
- MTV’s European Music Awards Head To Seville In Spain For 2019 Event
- Netflix Digs Out Second Turkish Original ‘The Gift’ Fronted By ‘Fatmagul’ Star Beren Saat
- Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama ‘Doc Martin…
- ‘Death in Paradise’ Producer Red Planet Pictures To Adapt Louise Candlish’s Real-Estate Nightmare Novel ‘Our House…