PREVIOUS: Barring any last-minute miracle, it looks like this is the end of the road for ABC’s veteran family drama Brothers and Sisters. There had been a serious effort by ABC and producing studio ABC Studios to find a price point at which they could bring the show back for an abbreviated sixth and final season. There have been talks with star Calista Flockhart to return for six episodes next season. Last May, Brothers and Sisters clinched a last-minute 18-episode order that was subsequently expanded to 22 episodes. But the indications are, with so many drama pilots scoring high in testings and screenings this year, ABC is ready to say good-bye to the Walker clan.
UPDATE: 'Brothers & Sisters' Canceled, As Is 'V'
What's Hot on Deadline
Detroit Fox Affiliate Airs Video Tribute To Jessica Starr; Meteorologist Died By Suicide After Eye Surgery
'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse' Catching $35M-$40M, 'The Mule' Carrying $18M, 'Mortal Engines' Out Of Gas With $8M-$9M
Mika Brzezinski Finally Apologizes On Air For Wednesday's Homophobic Slur, Calling It "Terrible Choice Of Words"
Latest TV News
- Morgan Spurlock Settles Suit Over Unproduced TNT Docuseries, Will Pay Turner Nets $1.18M
- Tucker Carlson Loses Pacific Life Ads After Remarking Immigration Making U.S. “Dirtier”
- Blumhouse Television EVP Eben Davidson Exits
- Gray TV And Raycom Must Divest Stations In Nine Markets In Order To Gain DOJ Approval For Merger
- Mary Pinchot Meyer Murder Mystery Limited Series In Works At WBTV From David Seidler & Safehouse Pictures
- Mick Mulvaney Draws Short Straw, Becomes Donald Trump’s Acting Chief Of Staff