The move follows a legal wrangle that took weeks to unravel about negotiating his exit from Disney, some money owing to Sony, and a new pact with New Line to host his production banner that took weeks to unravel. Adam Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment with producer Jennifer Gibgot has a first-look deal at New Line, where he did Hairspray and 17 Again. The banner was housed at Walt Disney Studios for eight years. Meanwhile, New Line says Alec Baldwin has not pulled out of Rock Of Ages. The studio says he has a personal issue that is expected to resolve so he can do the movie, which begins shooting May 23.
Adam Shankman Exits Disney For New Line
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Blackout Averted: Viacom Channels To Remain On AT&T Platforms After Two Companies Strike Carriage Deal
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
Latest Film News
- GLAAD Media Awards Adds Lizzo As Performer; Lena Waithe, Janet Mock, Gwyneth Paltrow And More As Presenters
- ‘GLOW’ Star Betty Gilpin Set For ‘The Hunt’ From Universal & Blumhouse
- Apple Streaming Service Is “Big Moment For Media Industry & UK Producers”, Says Former Channel 4…
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Wings To $910M+ Global, Becomes #10 Superhero Pic Offshore & WW – International…
- Denise DuBarry Hay Dies: Coachella Valley Film Advocate Was 63
- Larry Cohen Dies: Creator Of ‘Branded,’ ‘The Invaders’ And Horror Classic ‘It’s Alive…