EXCLUSIVE: With its celebrity reality juggernaut Dancing With the Stars showing little sign of slowing down, ABC is putting a celebrity spin on another veteran reality series, Wife Swap. ABC has ordered a celebrity edition of Wife Swap, in which celebrities switch lifestyles for a week. Wife Swap producer Zodiak USA is also behind the celebrity offshoot. I hear the order is for six episodes, with the casting currently under way. The network wouldn’t comment on celebrities who may be featured on the series, but Saturday Night Live alumna Victoria Jackson, who recently faced backlash for calling the gay kiss on Glee “sickening,” hinted on her blog last month that she had been approached. Wife Swap, which launched on ABC in 2004, is based on a British format. The original series did a series of celebrity episodes that scored big ratings on Channel 4. A staple on ABC for half a decade, Wife Swap, which hit the 100 episode mark in 2009, has been missing from the network’s lineup since August while continuing to run in off-network syndication on Lifetime. Maybe a celebrity version will reinvigorate the veteran franchise the way Celebrity Apprentice did with Donald Trump’s NBC reality series?
ABC Orders 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them