Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Donald Trump’s Oval Office Border Wall Temper Tantrum
- Stephen Colbert Joins Nancy Pelosi’s Border-Wall-As-Donald-Trump-Manhood Metaphor Fun
- Donald Trump Tweet Trashes “Chuck And Nancy” Morning After Oval Office Fracas
- All3Media Buys Sports Producer & Formula E Partner Aurora Media Worldwide
- Hulu Picks Up Anna Friel-Fronted British Drama ‘Butterfly’ From Fremantle International
- BBC To Examine Rupert Murdoch’s Influence Over The British Press In Three-Part Doc Series ‘A Tabloid Empire…