Fox just told me that Black Swan just debuted in Japan and earned $6.1M including previews for the biggest Fox Searchlight film opening ever there. The $12M-budgeted film is now on the verge of crossing $200M internationally, but its worldwide cume has now passed $305M. Darren Aronofsky’s drama helped Fox International cross $1 billion box office at the start of this month for calendar 2011 for the eight year in a row and the third straight year it reached that mark first. Fox’s Blue Sky Studios toon Rio also passed $300M international cume this week and $413M global.
$12M-Budgeted 'Black Swan' Passes $300M
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest Film News
- AT&T To Launch Its WatchTV ‘Skinny Bundle’ Video Streaming Service
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- ‘Dead In A Week’: First Trailer & Key Deals For Comedy Starring Aneurin Barnard, Tom Wilkinson…
- Gal Gadot and 'Wonder Woman 1984' Planned As Warner's Big Comic-Con Surprise
- Wall Street Betting On Comcast To Counter Disney’s Offer For Fox
- Universal Bringing The Thrills To Comic-Con With ‘Glass’ & ‘Halloween’