Fox just told me that Black Swan just debuted in Japan and earned $6.1M including previews for the biggest Fox Searchlight film opening ever there. The $12M-budgeted film is now on the verge of crossing $200M internationally, but its worldwide cume has now passed $305M. Darren Aronofsky’s drama helped Fox International cross $1 billion box office at the start of this month for calendar 2011 for the eight year in a row and the third straight year it reached that mark first. Fox’s Blue Sky Studios toon Rio also passed $300M international cume this week and $413M global.
$12M-Budgeted 'Black Swan' Passes $300M
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
ABC News Confirms Sara Haines Leaving 'The View' To Do Third Hour Of 'GMA' With Michael Strahan - Update
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Supernatural Horror Feature ‘e-Demon’ Scores U.S. Distribution Via Dark Cut Pictures
- Venice Critics’ Week: Anna Eriksson Debut ‘M’, Indian Fantasy ‘Tumbbad’ In 2018 Mix
- Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Confirm For Venice Fest After First Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors…
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.