Fox just told me that Black Swan just debuted in Japan and earned $6.1M including previews for the biggest Fox Searchlight film opening ever there. The $12M-budgeted film is now on the verge of crossing $200M internationally, but its worldwide cume has now passed $305M. Darren Aronofsky’s drama helped Fox International cross $1 billion box office at the start of this month for calendar 2011 for the eight year in a row and the third straight year it reached that mark first. Fox’s Blue Sky Studios toon Rio also passed $300M international cume this week and $413M global.
$12M-Budgeted 'Black Swan' Passes $300M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Latest Film News
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’: Hulu Revises Premiere Date For Its Sundance Docu Pickup – Update
- Gravitas Ventures Launches SVOD Service Gravitas Movies
- ‘General Hospital’ Star Bryan Craig Boards Indie Feature ‘Women Is Losers’
- SAG-AFTRA Podcast Addresses “Wigging” And “Paint Downs” In Stunt Industry
- Verve Boosts Indie Film Arm, Hires Producer Ross Putman As Agent
- Disney-Fox Deal: Per-Share Value Set, Bob Iger Hails “Historic Moment”