EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has set Vera Farmiga to star with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds in Safe House, the Daniel Espinosa-directed drama. Production is already under way, with Reynolds playing a young agent assigned to escort a dangerous criminal to safety after they are attacked at a safe house. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick and Liam Cunningham will also star in the drama. Scott Stuber is producing and Intrepid Pictures’ Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are exec producers. Farmiga will play a CIA operative supervising Reynolds’ character. Farmiga stars in Source Code and made her directorial debut in Higher Ground, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s repped by CAA and Authentic.
Vera Farmiga Joins Thriller 'Safe House'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline