Wild Hogs director Walt Becker, co-creator/executive producer of TBS’ first hourlong comedy series, Glory Daze, is back at the cable network with another hourlong comedy project, U-Boat. The buddy detective comedy was written on spec by former George Lopez executive producer Dave Caplan, who recently served as a consulting producer on another buddy crime show, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles. Becker is executive producing U-boat with feature producers Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers). Becker is attached to direct. (He also helmed the pilot for Glory Daze, which was picked up to series that ran for one season.) Like Becker, Caplan also has written a pilot for TBS before, an untitled 2008 half-hour comedy starring Valerie Bertinelli. Both are repped by CAA.
TBS Buys 'U-Boat' Hourlong Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers “Summer Camps” For Immigrant Children
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees – Full List
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool