RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
Latest Film News
- Bi Gan’s Cannes Pic ‘Long Day’s Journey Into Night’ Gets U.S. Deal Via Kino Lorber
- Trevor Donovan, Jillian Murray Headline ‘Prescription for Love’; Leonardo Nam, Sheetal Sheth Star In ‘Hummingbird…
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Star KiKi Layne Inks With WME
- Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
- Jay Duplass Inks With Odenkirk-Provissiero For Management
- Harvey Weinstein Fails To Get Sex Trafficking Suit Dropped; Bob Weinstein Cut From Case