RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- WGA and ATA Talks Take “A Step In The Right Direction”
- CDG Awards Live Blog: Follow Updates From The 21st Annual Ceremony
- Danielle Macdonald, Jaboukie Young-White Set For Bo Burnham Paramount Players Pic
- FilmRise Exec Faye Tsakas Moves To VP Role At Passage Pictures
- ‘The Dirt’ Trailer: Netflix Kick-Starts Mötley Crüe Biopic
- Legendary’s ‘Dune’ Film Adds ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ Actor David Dastmalchian