Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Scares Up 2nd Best October Debut With $77M+; Record For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Miramax Comeback
'Top Gear': British Entertainers Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff Replace Matt LeBlanc In Car Format
'Venom' Licks $461M Global; 'Star Is Born' Strums Past $200M; 'Halloween' Takes $92M WW Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA To Create Stunt Coordinator Eligibility Guidelines
- Trump Administration Transgender Rights Proposal Opposed By Hollywood, Politicians
- Richard Parsons Steps Down From CBS Board, Role As Interim Chairman, Citing Health Reasons
- London Film Festival Gets New BFI Boss In Tricia Tuttle
- ‘Venom’ Licks $461M Global; ‘Star Is Born’ Strums Past $200M; ‘Halloween’ Takes $92M WW Bow – International…
- ‘Mid90s’ Off To Far From Middling Start; ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ & ‘Wildlife’ Solid In Bows – Specialty…