Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- Oscars Set Diverse Group To Intro Best Picture Noms During Ceremony
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: ‘I Take Responsibility’
- MACRO Inks First-Look Deal At Warner Bros.
- ‘The Highwaymen’ Trailer: Kevin Costner And Woody Harrelson Provide New Perspective On Bonnie & Clyde Legend
- Amy Poehler To Direct ‘Moxie’ At Netflix; Riot Grrrl-Inspired Teen Starts Feminist Revolution At Her High School
- Cambodian Action Film ‘The Prey’ From ‘Jailbreak’ Director Gets UK Distribution Deal