EXCLUSIVE: Zach Galifianakis is withdrawing from starring with Ryan Reynolds in the Universal Pictures supernatural comedy R.I.P.D., which Robert Schwentke will direct. Galifianakis liked the project just fine–it’s about a force of undead police officers based on the Peter Lenkov comic–but scheduling just got too hairy. Galifianakis hoped to fit the film in before or after he stars with Will Ferrell in the Jay Roach-directed Southern Rivals for Warner Bros. But there was no certainty whether those plans would fit in because Warner Bros has an option on Reynolds, who might be obliged to do a sequel to Green Lantern quickly. Galifianakis also had the complexity of his own obligation to the HBO series Bored to Death. So his participation in the undead project is dead.
No 'R.I.P.D' For Zach Galifianakis
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Film News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats