The networks are set to to televise 11 preseason games according to the NFL’s just-released preseason schedule, which supposedly kicks off Aug. 7 when NBC airs the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, that pits Chicago against St. Louis. (ESPN will show four games, Fox three and NBC and CBS two apiece during the stretch.) The league is taking the “what-me-worry?” tack of releasing a schedule despite NFL owners locking out its players March 11, a subsequent injunction hearing to stop that action and suits and countersuits galore. The injunction request is in flux as the Minnesota judge in the case ordered a federal mediator to police renewed labor talks. The mediator, U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan, met with the players’ reps today and will meet with the league Wednesday before bringing both sides to the the table Thursday to resume negotiations.
NFL Announces Preseason Schedule Despite Lockout
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing