EXCLUSIVE: Murderball helmer Henry-Alex Rubin will make his narrative feature directing debut on Disconnect, a drama being financed by Liddell Entertainment and Wonderful Films. Scripted by Andrew Stern, Disconnect tells the linked stories of a group of contemporary characters searching for human connection in a wired world. Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Hilton and William Horberg are producing, while Marc Forster and Brad Simpson are exec producers. A fall start is planned. Rubin recently won the 2011 British Arrow Award for top TV commercial, for a T-Mobile spot he helmed for Saatchi & Saatchi. Rubin’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Murderball' Helmer Henry-Alex Rubin Takes On 'Disconnect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Latest Film News
- Netflix Reaches Tipping Point As Originals Now Outpace Acquired Titles – Study
- UTA’s Jeremy Zimmer Warns That Actors And Directors Also Will Be Impacted If Agents Stop Packaging
- WGA Deputizes Managers And Lawyers To “Fill The Gap” If Agents Are Fired En Masse
- Netflix’s Lisa Nishimura Moves To Film Group; Brandon Riegg Gets Comedy Oversight In Restructuring
- AGBO Wins JJ Braider Thriller Spec ‘All Fun And Games’
- Good Neighbors Media Acquires Rights To YA Novel 'The Naming Girl', Jennifer Phang To Direct