Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veronica Mars' Revival: Kristen Bell Gives Sneak Peek From Set, Rob Thomas Posts First Photo Of Cast
'RuPaul's Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular' Trailer: The Queens Return For Some Yuletide Cheer...And Shade
Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)
Latest Film News
- Witold Sobocinski Dies: Cinematographer On Films By Polanski, Wajda & Others Was 89
- ‘I Am Paul Walker’ Trailer: Extended Cut Of Docu Explores Life Of Actor On Fifth Anniversary Of His Death
- ‘The Boy 2’ Adds Christopher Convery To Cast After Strong AFM
- Ari'el Stachel Joins ‘Zola’;’ Dirk Gently’s Fiona Dourif Cast In ‘Unsinkable’
- The Art Of Craft: Production Designer Inbal Weinberg Unveils Designs From ‘Suspiria’s Academy Of Witches
- Lili Taylor Replaces Cynthia Nixon In ‘The Evening Hour’ Indie Drama