In a move that may shake up the lead drama actress Emmy field this year, for the first time since the launch of Mad Men, co-stars Elisabeth Moss and January Jones will go head to head at the Emmys by competing in the same category, according to TVLine. For the first two seasons of the AMC drama, Moss was submitted as lead actress, Jones as supporting, with the two switching for Season 3. Now Michael Ausiello reports that Moss, whose character Peggy was very prominent in Season 4, and Jones are both being submitted for lead actress, which could jeopardize their chances to both land nominations like they did last year. The two also entered the most recent Golden Globes race in the same lead actress category, with only one, Moss, getting a nom.
'Mad Men' Ladies Elisabeth Moss And January Jones In First Emmy Faceoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Richard Valeriani Dies: NBC Newsman Who Covered Civil Rights Movement & Nixon Was 85
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon