The X-Men: First Class star is in final negotiations to star in Welcome to the Punch, a thriller set in London due to start filming in July. Eran Creevy is the writer-director, and the producers are Rory Aitken, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Ben Pugh of Between the Eyes in London. Creevy has described Welcome to the Punch as being “an epic crime thriller in the mould of Heat or Internal Affairs.” Creevy got a lot of attention over here for his 2008 micro-budget debut Shifty, which he shot for $150,000 and was nominated for a BAFTA. He has also shot music videos for artists including Take That and ad spots for Nike. McAvoy is repped by Ruth Young at United Agents in London and by UTA in the U.S.
James McAvoy Set For ‘Welcome To The Punch’
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…