The X-Men: First Class star is in final negotiations to star in Welcome to the Punch, a thriller set in London due to start filming in July. Eran Creevy is the writer-director, and the producers are Rory Aitken, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Ben Pugh of Between the Eyes in London. Creevy has described Welcome to the Punch as being “an epic crime thriller in the mould of Heat or Internal Affairs.” Creevy got a lot of attention over here for his 2008 micro-budget debut Shifty, which he shot for $150,000 and was nominated for a BAFTA. He has also shot music videos for artists including Take That and ad spots for Nike. McAvoy is repped by Ruth Young at United Agents in London and by UTA in the U.S.
James McAvoy Set For ‘Welcome To The Punch’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- Universal Takes Rights To Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah’s ‘Friday Black’; ‘Hobbs & Shaw’s David Leitch…
- Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective Buys Stake In Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine; Otter Media Ups…
- Oscars Update: Gary Oldman, Allison Janney To Present Best Actor; Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell Best Actress
- Oscars Set Diverse Group To Intro Best Picture Noms During Ceremony
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: ‘I Take Responsibility’
- MACRO Inks First-Look Deal At Warner Bros.