Hugh Grant, one of the many celebrities whose phone conversations were tapped and used for UK tabloid fodder, turned the tables. He secretly taped a former journalist from News of the World who tailed him when his car broke down, and then gave Grant a ride after snapping pictures. During the trip, the journo detailed how the recordings were secured and who was involved. Grant went the journalist route, transcribing the dialogue in an article he wrote for The Statesman. I’m told that it’s all legit, and it’s certainly worth a peek.
Hugh Grant Turns Tables On UK Journo Phone Hacker
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘The Souvenir’ Trailer: Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winner Stars Honor Swinton Byrne & Mom Tilda Swinton
- ‘Rocketman’ Featurette: Taron Egerton Sings Tiny Dancer In Elton John Biopic
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan Singer’s…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…