New British game show Sing If You Can, described as the Wipeout of singing competitions, is close to finding a U.S. TV home. Zodiak USA had already been pitching an American version of its format, landing two offers from U.S. networks. Then the series premiered on ITV on Saturday, Britain’s highest-rated TV night, with 5.4 million viewers to rank as the network’s biggest unscripted series premiere in two years. That immediately boosted interest among U.S. broadcasters who have been looking for new game show formats. In the original UK version, hosted by comedian Keith Lemon and Stacey Solomon, two celebrity teams try to keep singing popular songs despite major distractions. What kind of distractions? Performing a song from a specially designed erupting volcano or doing a solo while having one’s chest waxed are two examples. After an audience vote, one of the teams goes to the end round, while one celebrity from the losing team is plunged into a giant water tank. In a twist, the U.S. version that is being pitched is a non-celebrity one.
Hot UK Game Show 'Sing If You Can' Ready To Cross The Pond
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers “Summer Camps” For Immigrant Children
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool