Focus Features said that its thriller Hanna overperformed on Sunday at the box office, helping it overtake Warner Bros’ Arthur and claim No. 2 overall for the weekend in the charts. Hanna, which dropped only 37% from Saturday to Sunday to gross $3.2 million on the final day of the frame, finished with $12.37M, compared with Arthur‘s $12.22M. Heading into Sunday, Arthur was No. 2 and Hanna was No. 3.
'Hanna' Passes 'Arthur' For #2 At Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Presidents Day Weekend $151M+ B.O. Is The Lowest Since 2001
- Sundance's 'Fighting With My Family' Slugs A Winning Open; '2019 Oscar Shorts' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Alita’ Battles Her Way To $41M+ 5-Day, But Remains Far From Heaven At The B.O.
- Warner Bros. Dates ‘Dune’ For November 2020 & More
- ‘Bond 25’ Looks To Shake Up Easter 2020