EXCLUSIVE: Great news for flash mob fans. Fox has picked up Howie Mandel’s reality special Mobbed to series with an eight-episode order. The order follows the solid ratings performance of the special last night. Airing behind American Idol, Mobbed, which featured an elaborate surprise marriage proposal involving a large group of singers and dancers, drew a 3.8/10 in adults 18-49 and 10.8 million viewers, scoring the largest audience and the highest 18-49 retention for a reality show airing after Idol in two years. Based on a format created by Mandel, Darryl Trell and Howard Kitrosser, Mobbed puts a hidden-camera spin on the “flash mob” phenomenon (large groups of people suddenly showing up in public places to perform a pre-rehearsed dance number). It features people throwing elaborate surprises for friends, family members, loved ones or co-workers. Mobbed is produced by Alevy Productions and Angel City Factory. Mandel, Trell, Kitrosser, Chris Cowan, Jean-Michel Michenaud, Michael Rotenberg, Mike Marks and Kevin Healey are executive producing.
Fox Picks Up 'Mobbed' Reality Special To Series With 8-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest TV News
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad