EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has set Doug Aarniokoski to direct The Nurse 3D, a genre film that will shoot this summer. The plot: a smoking hot nurse with emotional baggage tends to the sick by day, but uses her charms to seduce and then murder philandering men. Aarniokoski is in postproduction on The Day, an indie that stars Shawn Ashmore, Dominic Monaghan and Ashley Bell. He also signed to helm The Black Phantom for Screen Gems after serving as second unit director on Takers and Resident Evil: Extinction. The director’s repped by WME and Principato Young.
Doug Aarniokoski To Helm 'The Nurse 3D' For Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- ‘Vice’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Among Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards Winners
- Dwayne Johnson Wraps ‘Most Challenging Film’ Ever – ‘Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw…
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77