Cinemax has picked up to series action-crime series The Sector, from Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free Prods. The project was created and written by Aaron Benay and Matthew Benay, with former Criminal Minds executive producer/showrunner Simon Mirren on board as exec producer/showrunner. The Sector had been in development at Cinemax with Anne Thomopoluos for several months. Now it’s going forward, with German production company Tandem Communications set to produce with Scott Free. The Sector is described as an action-crime series in the vein of Blade Runner and District 9 which tracks the commander of a paramilitary unit who pursues a dangerous new race of genetically-enhanced humans. Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Anne Thomopoulos, Rola Bauer, David W. Zucker and Jonas Bauer are exec producing. This is the third straight-to-series pickup at Cinemax in the past couple of months following Strike Back and The Transporter.
Cinemax Orders Action Series From Scott Free
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest TV News
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad