3net, the joint-venture 3D network from Sony, Discovery and IMAX, announced today that they have begun principal photography on The Civil War 3D (working title), set to debut on the network in the fall. The DirecTV-based network says the four-hour miniseries will the first war documentary to be shot in “native 3D.” “Shooting in native 3D gives us the unique ability to bring an entirely new level of depth and emotion to this epic time in history with groundbreaking storytelling that simply hasn’t been possible until now,” said 3net president and CEO Tom Cosgrove. “As well, The Civil War 3D series further reflects our ongoing mission to provide the kind of immersive in-home 3D experience available nowhere else on television.” Towers Prods. will produce the series with executive producers Jonathan Towers, David W. Padrusch and 3net’s Tim Pastore; Padrusch will also direct.
3Net Network Preps War Documentary 'The Civil War 3D'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Donald Trump Tweet-Bombs "Filthy" Red Hen Restaurant After Eatery Asks Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Leave
Latest TV News
- ‘Murder Mystery’: Gemma Arterton, Dany Boon Join Sandler/Aniston Netflix Pic
- Donald Trump Tweet-Bombs “Filthy” Red Hen Restaurant After Eatery Asks Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Leave
- AT&T Buys Ad-Tech Firm AppNexus In First Post-Merger Move
- 'A Discovery Of Witches' Trailer: Demons & Witches Hide In Plain Sight In Sky Fantasy Drama
- ‘Skyfall’s Rory Kinnear & ‘The Crown's John Heffernan Join Benedict Cumberbatch’s C4 Drama ‘Brexit…
- Nevision Buys ‘Beetle’ Books; Banijay Studios Italy Launches – Global Briefs