The image of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival? It’s Faye Dunaway, in a photo taken by Palme d’Or-winning Scarecrow director and photographer Jerry Schatzberg in 1970. The relevance to this year’s festival: Schatzberg’s first film, the Dunaway-starrer Puzzle of a Downfall Child, has been restored by Universal Pictures, and the barely seen film will be screened at Cannes before it is distributed in France by Carlotta in the fall. Dunaway will be on hand for the festival screening as will Schatzberg, who went on to direct Panic in Needle Park with Al Pacino the following year.
2011 Cannes: The Poster
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Latest Film News
- ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ Songwriters Discuss Pair Of Awards-Contending Tunes & The Artistic Crucible In Following Up…
- Make Up Artists And Hair Stylist Guild Sets Career Awards For Susan Cabral-Ebert & Robert Louis Stevenson
- Kacey Rohl, Martin Donovan To Star In Indie Drama ‘Baldy’
- Paulist Productions Taps Veteran Exec Mike Sullivan As President
- Producers Guild Documentary Noms: ‘RBG’, ‘Three Identical Strangers’, ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor…
- ‘The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part’ Trailer: Can Emmet Rescue Lucy From The Evil Queen?