United Talent Agency today filed in Los Angeles a breach of contract and fraud lawsuit against World Of Wonder Productions over the packaging of the hit Oxygen TV series, Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. The agency accused the producer of “deceitful accounting” and underpaying profits to UTA, then refusing to let UTA have full access to its books or records as part of a “blatant attempt” to coverup its accounting practices. Neither Tori Spelling or her husband Dean McDermott or NBCUniversal’s Oxygen TV are named as plaintiffs. Click here for .pdf of lawsuit. [Full Disclosure: UTA’s attorneys Freedman & Taitelman also handle some legal matters for Deadline’s parent company MMC.]
'Tori & Dean' TV Profits Target Of Agency Lawsuit Against Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest TV News
- Ariana Grande Performs Emotional Tribute To Aretha Franklin On ‘The Tonight Show’
- ‘The Tonight Show’ To Air Episode From Central Park In T-Mobile Deal
- Seinfeld On ‘Seinfeld’: Leaving Was Done At “The Perfect Moment”
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify New Network Code Worth More Than $200 MIllion A Year
- Hasan Minhaj Bids Farewell To ‘The Daily Show’ With Final Report
- Stephen Colbert Tickled Omarosa Getting Under Donald Trump’s Skin