I’m hearing that Chernin Entertainment is close to a deal for Meet the New Boss, a spec script by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka that has James Bobin circling as potential director. deal is low against high six figures and Chernin is making it through his discretionary fund. The comedy revolves around an employee of Capital Properties who goes from one jerk of a boss to another, and the new supervisor is even worse because it’s a robot. The scribes last sold The Sitter, the David Gordon Green-directed Fox comedy that stars Jonah Hill. Bobin just directed The Muppets. The scribes are repped by UTA and Industry, CAA reps Bobin.
'The Sitter' Scribes Take 'Meet The New Boss' Deal To Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest Film News
- Broadway’s ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical: All Dressed Up With No Place To Go – Review
- IATSE President Accuses Editors Guild Leader Of Violating Federal Labor Law
- John Landis, Who Directed Aretha Franklin’s Only Two Movies, Remembers Her ‘Blues Brothers’ Turns
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production