EXCLUSIVE: It’s become tradition for members of the Saturday Night Live cast to get their shots in features put together by the show’s longtime executive producer Lorne Michaels. The latest? Kenan Thompson, who’s at the center of a deal for Party Starters, an original high-concept comedy set up at Paramount Pictures about that sort of entertainer guy who gets the old people up to dance at weddings and keeps the party rolling. Pic will be scripted by SNL writer Bryan Tucker. Thompson is a six-season cast member best known for his Bill Cosby impersonation and his “What’s Up With That?” and “Scared Straight” sketches. Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce. It’s Thompson’s first go-around in an SNL-generated film. He has been accumulating credits since he was a child actor on the Nickelodeon shows Kenan & Kel and All That, the latter of which spawned the feature Good Burger. Thompson is repped by UTA and manager Michael Goldman, Tucker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
'SNL's' Kenan Thompson At Center Of 'Party Starters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christopher Plummer Crosses 'Boundaries'; Eugene Jarecki Drives 'The King' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Berlin Confirms Carlo Chatrian & Mariette Rissenbeek As New Festival Heads
- ‘Sicario: Day Of The Soldado’ Nabs Day-And-Date Saudi Arabia Release
- Chinese Property Developer JS Group Eyes Hollywood Movie Investments, Plans Oz Resort With ‘Marshall…
- Edgar Wright Sparks Doc; David Morrissey Joins ‘Good Omens’; Blockchain Platform TaTaTu Finds Partners…
- Wild Eye Releasing Sets Portuguese Horror Film ‘The Forest of the Lost Souls’ As Debut Theatrical Release