EXCLUSIVE: It’s become tradition for members of the Saturday Night Live cast to get their shots in features put together by the show’s longtime executive producer Lorne Michaels. The latest? Kenan Thompson, who’s at the center of a deal for Party Starters, an original high-concept comedy set up at Paramount Pictures about that sort of entertainer guy who gets the old people up to dance at weddings and keeps the party rolling. Pic will be scripted by SNL writer Bryan Tucker. Thompson is a six-season cast member best known for his Bill Cosby impersonation and his “What’s Up With That?” and “Scared Straight” sketches. Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce. It’s Thompson’s first go-around in an SNL-generated film. He has been accumulating credits since he was a child actor on the Nickelodeon shows Kenan & Kel and All That, the latter of which spawned the feature Good Burger. Thompson is repped by UTA and manager Michael Goldman, Tucker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
'SNL's' Kenan Thompson At Center Of 'Party Starters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…