LOS ANGELES (March 31, 2011) – Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists today announced that the Joint AFTRA and SAG Non-Broadcast/Industrials Negotiating Committee have reached a tentative agreement with industry representatives on terms for three-year successor agreements to the SAG Industrial and Educational Contract and the AFTRA National Code of Fair Practice for Non Broadcast/Industrial/Educational Recorded Material. The contracts were set to expire on April 30, 2011 and will now be effective May 1, 2011 to April 30, 2014.
The new agreement includes a 4.04% overall increase in minimum compensation during the term of the agreement, with a 2% increase effective on May 1, 2011 and another 2% increase effective on Nov. 1 2012, 18 months into the term of the contract. The agreement also obtains a 0.2% increase in employer contributions to the AFTRA Health and Retirement Funds and the Screen Actors Guild-Producers Pension and Health Plans, effective on May 1, 2011, which raises the total employer contribution from 15.3% to 15.5%, as well as the addition of “new media” to the areas of jurisdiction covered by these contracts.
Further, and as proposed by Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA to more clearly reflect the type of work produced under these agreements, the contracts have been renamed the AFTRA National Code of Fair Practice for Corporate/Educational Recorded Material and the Producers-SAG 2011 Codified Corporate/Educational Contract.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.