Its Depression Era setting puts HBO’s new miniseries Mildred Pierce between the events in John Adams and Generation Kill. The premiere ratings for the mini starring Kate Winslet (1.3 million viewers) fell between those two HBO minis, too (1.8 million for the opener of John Adams, 1 million for Part 1 of Generation Kill). Given its star power — directed by Todd Haynes and co-starring Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood — the mini could’ve done better, but the dysfunctional family story at its center is not particularly commercial. HBO’s top-performing recent miniseries was last year’s big-budget World War II saga The Pacific, which opened with 3.1 million viewers.
'Mildred Pierce' Premiere Ratings Fall Between 'John Adams' & 'Generation Kill'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Taunts Donald Trump' "One Man Legal Improv Troupe" Rudy Giuliani Over "Truth Isn't Truth" Argument
'American Horror Story: Apocalypse': Ryan Murphy Posts First Look At 'Coven' Reunion With Stevie Nicks
'The Affair' Season 4 Finale: Tying Up Loose Ends On Alison, Vik And Everyone Else In Series' Most Tumultuous Season Yet
Rebecca Hall To Make Directorial Debut With 'Passing'; Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga Star In Adaptation Of 1920s Novel
'Meg' Munches On $300M+ & 'M:I- Fallout' Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ & ‘Westworld’s Ben Barnes To Star In BBC One Drama ‘Gold Digger…
- ‘Beecham House’: Tom Bateman Leads Residents Of Gurinder Chadha’s ITV Epic
- Channel 4 & Hulu Head Back Into ‘National Treasure’ Territory With Jack Thorne’s Four-Part Drama ‘The Light…
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Producer Fable Pictures To Melt ‘Chocolate Wars’ Book Into TV Drama
- John Oliver Taunts Donald Trump’ “One Man Legal Improv Troupe” Rudy Giuliani Over “Truth Isn’t…
- ‘The Affair’ Season 4 Finale: Tying Up Loose Ends On Alison, Vik And Everyone Else In Series’ Most Tumultuous…