EXCLUSIVE: Obviously Johnny Depp didn’t take Ricky Gervais ribbing him at the Golden Globes about his one-note performance in The Tourist to heart. He is trying to work out his schedule so he can guest star in an episode of Gervais’ new BBC comedy series Life’s Too Short, which, like Gervais’ most recent BBC show, Extras, is also expected to air on HBO. Filming starts in England in May. Life’s Too Short follows a conceited and egomaniac dwarf who runs a talent agency for fellow showbiz dwarves. Warwick Davis stars as the monstrous talent agent. Gervais and Stephen Merchant have written this 6-episode half-hour series for BBC2. The British comedian has described it as a cross between Extras – his show about the travails of an unsuccessful actor – and Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Beeb commissioned a non-broadcast pilot of Life’s Too Short last April that filmed in the summer. The pilot featured various Brit celebs such as art critic Brian Sewell. Gervais has also approached Jerry Seinfeld to appear in his new show, playing “quite a whiny Upper East Side Jewish guy”.
Johnny Depp Lining Up For Guest Spot In Ricky Gervais' Series 'Life's Too Short'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Is The Deadliest Lyft Driver Seeking Revenge In Sony Sequel
Latest TV News
- 'A Discovery Of Witches' Trailer: Demons & Witches Hide In Plain Sight In Sky Fantasy Drama
- ‘Skyfall’s Rory Kinnear & ‘The Crown's John Heffernan Join Benedict Cumberbatch’s C4 Drama ‘Brexit…
- Hugo Speer & Sharon Small To Topline Acorn TV’s Cop Drama ‘London Kills’
- England’s 6-1 Trouncing Of Panama Peaks With 14M Viewers & 82% Share On BBC One
- Discovery & Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1 Bring Together Digital Platforms To Take On Netflix & Amazon
- Vice Studios Wins First Gameshow Commission With ‘Beat The Internet With John Robins’ For UKTV