EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- James Corden Concludes ‘The Late Late Show’s Week In London After 1M Apply For Tickets
- Paul McCartney Redefines ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden In Liverpool
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation