Glee’s Ryan Murphy, who was Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s choice to direct Willow Smith in the re-imagining of the Broadway musical Annie, has dropped out of contention. Talks broke off and he’s not doing the film, I’m told. The project was recently set at Sony Pictures by Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith in the joint venture they formed with Jay-Z to generate films. Willow, who is Smith’s daughter, will play the lovable orphan.
'Glee's Ryan Murphy No Go For 'Annie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
'Crazy Rich Asians' Could Hit $30M In 5-Day Opening; Fandango Presales Currently Besting 'Girls Trip'
Latest Film News
- ‘TMNT’ Producer Galen Walker Ties Up With ToonBox In Co-Production Deal
- Filmmaker Tony Kaye Casts Robot As Lead Actor In Next Feature
- Sam Peckinpah’s Unproduced Screenplay ‘Castaway’ Acquired By Serbian Producer
- YouTube Partners With Roadside Attractions To Launch Susan Sarandon Thriller ‘Viper Club’ Theatrically
- Visual Effects Society Names Its 2018 Hall Of Famers & Other Career Honorees
- From Shakespeare To Elton John: Composer Shaina Taub Gets Ready To Wear ‘Prada’ – On Theater