EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- James Corden Addresses “Human Decency Issue” In United States During ‘Late Late Show’ From London
- ‘The ABC Murders’: First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix Acquires Korean Drama Series ‘Mr. Sunshine’ For July Premiere
- Samantha Bee Revisits Trump’s Family Separation “Policy Not A Policy”
- Fox News Throws Jabs At Other Networks For Not Airing Trump Rally