In what would be her first regular series gig, Oscar winner Anjelica Huston has been tapped to co-star opposite Debra Messing and Christian Borle in NBC’s drama pilot Smash, which follows a cross-section of characters who come together to put on a Marilyn Monroe musical on Broadway. Huston will play a shrewd, classy but cynical New York theater producer who is at home with the elite. Also co-starring in the pilot are Megan Hilty, Jack Davenport and Katharine McPhee. On TV, Huston recently recurred on the NBC/CBS drama Medium.
Anjelica Huston Joins NBC's 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
Marvel Series About Female Superheroes From 'Wonder Woman's Allan Heinberg Set At ABC With Big Commitment
Chevy Chase Blasts 'Saturday Night Live', Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & Everyone Else Not Dan Aykroyd Or Gilda Radner
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Latest TV News
- ITV Brings Back Chris Lang-Penned Cop Drama ‘Unforgotten’ For A Fourth Season
- ‘Modern Family’: Optimism Grows For Season 11 Of ABC Comedy Series
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Beau Garrett Not Returning For Season 2
- Tom Selleck Stepping Down From NRA Board
- Julie Chen Moonves Returns To ‘Big Brother’ & Continues To Support Husband Les Moonves
- Greg Berlanti Assembles Star Cast For Charity ‘Terms of Endearment’ Reading