Warner Bros and Anonymous Content have acquired the rights to Fletch, the Gregory McDonald novel series that starred Chevy Chase. Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar and Steve Golin will produce, along with David List, who reps the estate. The studio made an aggressive pre-emptive buy to reboot the series about an investigative reporter who solves mysteries. There are 11 books in the series. The studio is eyeing a new franchise with the property. Chase starred in the 1985 pic Fletch, followed by the 1989 sequel Fletch Lives.
Warner Bros Makes Deal To Reboot 'Fletch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Steines Sues Hallmark Channel Owner Over 'Home & Family' Exit; Crown Media Says "No Merit" To Claims - Update
'Birds Of Prey' Actresses In The Mix: Sofia Boutella, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Justina Machado, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & More
Latest Film News
- Jenna Laurenzo’s Comedy ‘Lez Bomb’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures For November Bow
- IFC Midnight Acquires Thriller ‘Rust Creek’ Starring Hermione Corfield
- ‘Birds Of Prey’ Actresses In The Mix: Sofia Boutella, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Justina Machado, Gugu Mbatha-Raw…
- ‘Polar’: Deadmau5 Looks The Part For Scoring Jonas Akerlund’s Dark Horse Comics Adaptation
- Marion “Suge” Knight Cops Manslaughter Plea, Faces 28 Years In Prison
- Geoffrey Owens Joins Hilary Swank In ‘Fatale’ Thriller