Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures is near a deal with Barney’s Version star Rosamund Pike to play the role of Andromeda in the Clash of the Titans sequel. Pike has been on the radar since the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day and has done a succession of indie films. Pike had been mentioned in speculative stories about who might get the lead in Zack Snyder-directed Superman films opposite Henry Cavill. Scratch her off the list, she’ll be busy in this Warner Bros film instead, which stars Sam Worthington and will be directed by Battle: Los Angeles helmer Jonathan Liebesman. Andromeda (played by Alexa Davalos in the original, who was unavailable for the sequel) is a major role. She’s repped by UTA, Magnolia and United Agents.
Rosamund Pike To Play Andromeda In 'Clash Of The Titans 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest Film News
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- ‘Spring Awakening: After Parkland’ Short Doc Bows From ‘Science Fair’ Filmmakers & First Look Media’s…
- ‘Welcome To Marwen’ Trailer: Steve Carell Weaponizes Art In Robert Zemeckis Pic
- CBS Battle With Shari Redstone Moves Forward; Judge Combos Suits, Declines Stay
- George Clooney In Early Talks To Direct Fox Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Echo’
- Warner Bros Claims Spain Court Victory Following Piracy Dispute