From Evelyn Salt to Emily Thorn: Feature director Phillip Noyce is returning to pilot directing duty with ABC’s Revenge. Like Noyce’s most recent feature assignment, the Angelina Jolie starrer Salt, Revenge has a strong woman at its center. Written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley, it is a contemporary re-imagening of Alexandre Dumas, pere’s The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn, a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family. ABC Studios and Temple Hill are producing. On the TV side, UTA-repped Noyce previously directed the pilots for Showtime’s Brotherhood and Fox’s Try Calling. He also executive produces the FX drama series Lights Out and directed an episode of HBO’s upcoming drama series Luck starring Dustin Hoffman.
Phillip Noyce To Direct ABC Pilot 'Revenge'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance
- ‘Nobodies’ Canceled By TV Land After 2 Seasons
- Bill Maher Doubles Down On Anti-Trump Recession Wish
- Notes On The Season: Will ‘The Conners’ Revival Help Emmy Chances For ‘Roseanne’?; ‘Sharknado’ Goes For Gold; Carol Burnett Looks …
- ‘Dynasty’: Lead Cast Member Not Returning For Season 2 Of the CW Series
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease