I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief