I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
Latest Film News
- Bi Gan’s Cannes Pic ‘Long Day’s Journey Into Night’ Gets U.S. Deal Via Kino Lorber
- Trevor Donovan, Jillian Murray Headline ‘Prescription for Love’; Leonardo Nam, Sheetal Sheth Star In ‘Hummingbird…
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Star KiKi Layne Inks With WME
- Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
- Jay Duplass Inks With Odenkirk-Provissiero For Management
- Harvey Weinstein Fails To Get Sex Trafficking Suit Dropped; Bob Weinstein Cut From Case