I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…