I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman 3’ Set For Nov. 2019 Return With Matthew Vaughn On Board
- ‘The Wrong Todd’ Clip: The Evil Twin Sci-Fi Romantic Comedy You’ve Been Waiting For
- #WhyIDidntReport Confessions On Sex Assaults Mushroom In Wake Of Trump Tweet
- ‘Rafiki’ Ban Temporarily Lifted By Kenyan Government; Film Held Out Of Cannes Now Eligible As Oscar Submission
- ChelseyRai S. Standberry Dies: Local TV Actress & Her 3 Children Killed In Accident
- Oscars: France Selects ‘Memoir Of War’ For Foreign Language Submission