I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
A Very Happy 'Halloween': Record $75M+ Opening In Store For John Carpenter Franchise & Blumhouse Production
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Queen Biopic To Showcase Immersive ScreenX Format
- Bruce Dern Injures Hip While Hiking In Runyon Canyon, Hospitalized
- Withoutabox Film Festival Submission Platform To End Service Next Year
- Robert Patrick Boards Steven Soderbergh’s Panama Papers Netflix Drama 'The Laundromat’
- Civil Rights Attorney Benjamin Crump Launches Brooklyn Media
- Melissa McCarthy Deceives In 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?'; Paul Dano Directs 'Wildlife' – Specialty B.O. Preview