I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
Latest Film News
- Netflix Is Expected To Wow Wall Street With Q4 Subscriber Growth
- 2018 French Film Exports Tumble 52% Absent Luc Besson’s Influence In English
- ‘The Glorias’: Timothy Hutton Joins Julianne Moore, Alicia Vikander In Gloria Steinem Biopic
- Kevin Hart To Star In ‘Monopoly’ Movie For Lionsgate & Hasbro, Tim Story To Direct
- ‘RBG’ Director Julie Cohen, eOne's Peter Micelli, C4’s Alex Mahon & Annapurna’s Sue Naegle Join…
- Topic Studios Inks First Look Deal With ‘Arctic’ Filmmakers Joe Penna & Ryan Morrison