EXCLUSIVE: After landing a recurring role on Showtime’s Shameless as her first TV acting job, Jane Levy has booked the lead of a broadcast pilot as her second gig. Testing against several other young actresses, Levy was tapped to star in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot Suburgatory. The project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer-exec producer Emily Kapnek, centers on Tessa (Levy), a teenage girl who is moved from Manhattan, where she grew up, to her version of hell: the suburbs. Levy is with Gersh and manager James Suskin.
Newcomer Jane Levy Lands The Lead In ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Suburgatory'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest TV News
- Imprisoned Bill Cosby Gets 2019 Trial Date For 1974 Playboy Mansion Assault Case
- Bravo Cancels ‘Dirty John’ Red Carpet Ahead Of World Premiere Screening Due To Fires
- NBC Nabs ‘Red Stick’ Crime Drama From Patricia Cornwell & Matt Tolmach
- CBS Developing ‘Dad Vs. Father’ Family Comedy From Kurt Braunohler & Cedric The Entertainer
- 'Wild Cards': 2 TV Series Based On George R.R. Martin’s Books In Works At Hulu
- Disney And WarnerMedia Will Emerge As Winners In Streaming Space, Media Analyst Says