I heard about a few secret layoffs at MGM right before Christmas 2010, and as recently as January 28th. Today, MGM laid off its entire Digital Department before the big move to the studio’s new Beverly Hills location. Post-bankrupt MGM is now under the control of Spyglass Entertainment’s Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum.
MGM Today Lays Off Its Digital Department
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Pop & Rock: 'Mamma Mia 2' Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, 'Skyscraper' Tops China With $48M - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Headed To Venice After 1st Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors…
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender