Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Reboots True Crime & Paranormal Series 'Unsolved Mysteries' With 'Stranger Things' EP Shawn Levy
Two Snap Executives Depart Following Internal Investigation Into An "Inappropriate Relationship" -- Report
Latest TV News
- ‘Brexit’ Scribe & Director On UK Chaos, Benedict Cumberbatch & Donald Trump
- PGA Awards’ Nominees Breakfast Shines Light On Diversity
- Anthony Rapp Feared Kevin Spacey Sex Assaults Would “Keep Happening” If He Didn’t Speak Out
- Bill Maher Gives Shout-Out To L.A. Teachers Strike With Union Boss In Audience
- CBS Scores Friday Viewership Win Despite ‘Blue Bloods’ Break
- Bill Maher Books Ann Coulter, Draws ‘Real Time’ Boos