Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
Latest TV News
- Robert Wolders Dies: The ‘Laredo’ Star & Audrey Hepburn Companion Was 81
- ‘Doctor Who’ World Cup Promo Introduces The New Time Lord & Her Companions
- BBC Unveils First Look At Drama Slate Featuring John Malkovich’s ‘The ABC Murders’ & HBO Co-Pro ‘Gentleman Jack…
- Pussy Riot Disrupts World Cup With On-Field Protest
- World Cup: France Tops Croatia, 4-2, Returns To Glory 20 Years After Last FIFA Triumph
- How To Watch France Vs. Croatia In The World Cup Final