James Franco isn’t the only awards show host this weekend who has bagged a big film role. Joel McHale, who tomorrow hosts the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards, is in final negotiations to join Mark Walhberg, Mila Kunis and Seth Macfarlane in Ted, the live action comedy that MacFarlane is directing for Universal Pictures and Media Rights Capital. McHale will play Rex, the sleazy boss who is perpetually putting the moves on his employee (Kunis). She wants to marry her boyfriend (Wahlberg), but won’t until he redefines his relationship with his teddy bear, the one that came alive during a childhood wish and has become a slovenly womanizing slacker. McHale, star of NBC’s comedy Community, also continues to host E!’s The Soup. Additionally, McHale has three films coming out in 2011: The Big Year opposite Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson; What’s Your Number? with Anna Faris; and Robert Rodriguez’s Spy Kids reboot opposite Jessica Alba. He is repped by WME and Sonesta Entertainment.
Spirit Awards Host Joel McHale Joins Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…