I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Marvel Series About Female Superheroes From 'Wonder Woman's Allan Heinberg Set At ABC With Big Commitment
Chevy Chase Blasts 'Saturday Night Live', Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & Everyone Else Not Dan Aykroyd Or Gilda Radner
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Latest Film News
- Geoffrey Owens Joins Hilary Swank In ‘Fatale’ Thriller
- Gabriel Bateman To Star As Andy In MGM’s ‘Child’s Play’ Remake, Joining Aubrey Plaza & Brian…
- ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff First-Look Photo: Chris Hemsworth & Tessa Thompson Will Neuralyze You, Pal
- Peter Bart: Novels New And Old Booking Hollywood Gigs Thanks To Streamers And ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
- AT&T Fires Back At DOJ, Calling Anti-Merger Case “Narrow And Fragile”
- ‘Simple Wedding’ LA Film Festival Clip: Probing Questions Make A Family Dinner Turn Awkward