I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
Latest Film News
- Narrative PR Hires Publicist Alex Schack In Latest Ramp-Up
- Dave Bautista Sarcastically “Thanks” Disney For Firing James Gunn
- ‘Hal’ Trailer: Documentary On Iconoclastic ‘Coming Home’ & ‘Harold And Maude’ Director Hal…
- Judge Grants Restraining Order To Protect Stan Lee
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Pushing ‘Meg’ Out Of Top Spot With $20M – Midday Box Office
- Milo Gibson Inks With Alchemy For Management; Boards Rod Lurie’s ‘The Outpost’