I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
ABC News Confirms Sara Haines Leaving 'The View' To Do Third Hour Of 'GMA' With Michael Strahan - Update
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Supernatural Horror Feature ‘e-Demon’ Scores U.S. Distribution Via Dark Cut Pictures
- Venice Critics’ Week: Anna Eriksson Debut ‘M’, Indian Fantasy ‘Tumbbad’ In 2018 Mix
- Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Confirm For Venice Fest After First Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors…
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.